My Christmas Bucket List- 25 tasks in 25 days!
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
My head has already started spinning with the number of things I need to do to get ready for Christmas. This year, I've got my man back and my girls have their Dada here for Christmas. Celebrating the holidays via Skype last year was a unique experience but it's something that I hope we never have to repeat. I'm trying to be organized and efficient throughout the first half of the month so that I can actually enjoy hosting BOTH sets of families on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Without further ado, here is the massive list of things that I hope to accomplish. (I'll update with pics as I cross things off my list)
1. Design and order Christmas Cards
2. Design and print labels for Christmas cards
3. Line envelopes and address cards, get in the mail before December 5th
4. Research pricing on Christmas trees, thinking about going with lightly flocked tree? (tacky? can't decide)
5. Purchase a few new ornaments and goodies for the tree to tie in decor with living room
6. Decorate tree while watching elf and drinking hot cocoa
7. Finalize guest list for Christmas dinner
8. Plan menu for Christmas dinner and assign dishes to family (I'm finally learning to delegate :)
9. Print and cut out Paiges of Style holiday collection gift tags
10.Wrap presents as I purchase them (my goal is to avoid wrapping all gifts on Christmas Eve)
11. Make homemade gifts for friends and wrap in cute packaging
12. Take the girls to meet Santa, praying for happier children this year (see pics posted below from last years visit)
13. Hang exterior Christmas lights
14. Watch Elf anytime the holidays are getting stressful to remind myself it's supposed to be fun
15. Plan hubby's birthday party, his birthday is Christmas Eve, ahhh!
16. Design the holiday table and buy any necessary items
17. Gifts, gifts, gifts, must finish shopping BEFORE the mall turns into a total zoo
18. Help plan my mom's birthday party, yippee!!!
19. Spray paint pumpkins gold and silver to decorate under the tree
20. Decorate entryway, mantels and a few other spots throughout the house
21. Finish up any home projects in preparation for hosting Christmas
22. Ice skate on the oceanfront skating rink at Coronado
23.Put some money aside to buy discounted new holiday decor the day after Christmas
24. Buy some new Christmas books to read with the girls that teach the "real" meaning of CHRISTmas
25. Enjoy spending the holiday season with my family (the MOST important task of all!)
Wish me luck!
Posted at 11:27 PM